Monday, December 21, 2009

Homeless/Jobless and loving it!

The Countdown -

10 - The number of days our house was on the market before we got an offer on it. Owning a house in Denver was one of the major hurdles to our move to Arizona, so we felt very blessed on that one. We are getting afraid that 10 may also be the number of months it will take Reed to clear his background check (perquisite to starting his job). Oh the efficiency of our government! All they have done with his background check stuff so far is let it collect dust.

9 - Number of States I will have lived in once we make our way to Arizona

8 - Number of people that are currently "living" at my parents house while we wait for Reed's lovely background check to clear. Reed quit his previous job last week just after losing a home to live in. Just in time to have a long vacation for the holidays!

7 - The number of people who will be "visiting" my parents house for Christmas. Count 'em! That is all my brothers and their families, which means the whole family will be here for Christmas.

6 - The number of snow storms the have past by my padres house since I arrived. One more this morning, just in time for a White Christmas.



5 - The number of weeks the kids and I get to spend on vacation with my family!!! I'm loving it! Poor Reed, he only gets three.

4 - The number of games I have seen my two little sisters play this past week. Including the one where little AnnGee and her team became district champs:

(when AnnGee made these two foul shots she sealed the deal)

3 - The date in January we were hoping to head to Arizona, so Reed could start his new job. If that doesn't happen we may go live in Cali for a few weeks after the holidays to hang with Reed's parents. I know, my life is rough.

2 - Cute cute kids who are super excited for Christmas

Which all leads to

1 - One very happy holiday!

1 comment:

The Dixon Family said...

Adorable!

You can always come "home".

And when I say home, I mean Denver.