Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Swim team

At five, both my kids are better swimmers than me.
Which I know isn't really saying much, so let me put it a different way...

Four days a week for the entire summer my kids have spent an hour a day swimming

lap after lap after lap after lap
Freestyle.

Backstroke.

Breaststroke.

Butterfly.

Have you ever seen a five year old swim butterfly? Weather or not they actually do it right, it is always amazingly cute.



I had major trepidations about letting my kids join swim team this summer seeming they only fit the minimal age requirement by about a week.

I honestly wasn't certain they could get across the pool without drowning. 


 
But they do it and the best part is how much they love it.

 

3 comments:

Katie said...

So glad they did it! Kamree loved having them with her :)

Laura said...

thats amazing!!! i was happy that harrison was finally willing to get his head wet this year...maybe we can try swimming this year now! great job!

Nancy Page said...

That's awesome. I had two kids on swim team this year too. But I've been a blog slacker so I haven't posted any pictures yet.