Wednesday, July 10, 2013


 
 
 
There is nothing like recording memories in real time. And for once I thought I had done a good job with it, for the last two year keeping a record of what was going on in our life in a journal. And then somehow I lost it all one day last month. I guess I shouldn't say I lost it all. I was able to retrieve an older version of my journal, so I guess I should be grateful I just lost the last two years. Now I have the task of trying to recreate the moments of the last two years, especially as it relates to Myra becoming a part of our family. The many moments of heartache and frustrations as we tried and tried and tried to have another spirit come to our home. The moment when I sat in the temple and knew a lovely, happy little girl would get to join our family. The moment we and our doctor thought for sure I was pregnant  and then that devastating phone call from him to tell us it wasn't so. The moment where I first saw a picture of Myra as a blastocyst (before implantation) and fell instantly in love with her. The moment when I sent Reed in to check the results of my pregnancy test, and he came out with a smile on his face. The moment, minutes thereafter, when we told my mom and sister, Anngee, we were pregnant, and I just sat in complete shock as we talked.  The moments I walked around the park with Lilly, while Reed and Lucas played basketball, thinking it was just another night only to realize I was actually in labor. The moment a precious angel was laid in my arms, and I became her mother forever.  And the many sometimes hard, sometimes peaceful, always blessed moments I have had with Myra since she joined our family 4 months ago.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad you shared this. And I'm glad you have your sweet Myra. She is such a lovely addition to your beautiful family.