On Independence day I
sent Reed this text first thing in the am with the caption...
...so pretty.
I had just woken up to
a beautiful morning in Seattle and was watching my kids play in my
brother's back yard. I have a bit of a love affair with trees and for
the Forth I was on a trip with my big kids to get my fix. I was in
heaven listening to the sound of Lucas and Lilly laughing with
cousins, breathing in the perfect weather, and seeing green, glorious
green everywhere I turned. And in that moment I knew the only thing
that could make it better was for my Reed and Miss Myra (who had
stayed behind in Arizona) to be there too.
I wandered upstairs to
get cleaned up excited for my day. A trip to a waterfall was planned.
Perfect. Almost perfect, that is, since I would have to share it with
Reed later via photo. I tidied up my room a bit got myself washed up
for the day and then heard a vibration from my phone. A text from
Reed. I wondered what shenanigans he and Myra were up to already this
morning.
There staring back at
me on my phone was my Reed.... and what were those green things
behind him? We don't have those in AZ. Could it be? No. We had
already decided buying a last minute ticket was a really bad idea...
But then the caption...
..."it really is"
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!
WHAT?!!!! I could barely believe it. And then when I inquired as to
where my Miss Myra was, I got this photo...
(clearly not in our
van, but in a rental car)
They had jumped on a
red eye last minute to surprise me! And what a fun surprise it
was. Our weekend in Seattle was PERFECT. I got to meet my fresh new
niece and witness her blessing; I watched my kids play non-stop with
their cousins (the magic of that is better than Disney); We visited snoqualmie falls, went berry picking, played in the forest, and got a heavenly view of Mt.
Rainer.
And I got to share it
not only with my Lucas and Lilly, but Myra and Reed too.
(On one of our Many hikes)
(Reading Scriptures/giggling with cousins)
(Playing with Evelyn. Myra loved her!)
(Raspberry Picking)
(Sawyer and Myra)
(More berry picking)
(weed picking)
(Mt Rainer from our plane. This photo doesn't do the amazing view justice)
(Gene Coulon Beach)
(Snoqualmie Falls)
(Cousins)
(ALL of us in Seattle)
















2 comments:
That was amazing. Best surprise ever. You deserved a great weekend. P.S. I don't think flights are that much more expensive to Medford...Allegiant stops here. Just a friendly reminder.
Looks like a fun trip!
Post a Comment