Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Quintana Roo, Te Quiero

At the end of March Reed and I went with his brother and sister to the Yucatan Peninsula for a fabulous vacation. I have not been a very dedicated blogger lately, so I am just getting around to getting some pictures up from are trip. It was such a fun week and was just the rejuvenation I needed for motherhood. I LOVED being able to spend a whole week with Reed, and we had so many great laughs with Keith and Julie. Reed's mom is a saint and watched our kids for the week while we were gone. They loved having grandma around and even mistakenly called me "Grandma" a few times after I got home. I think they missed her.



Isla Mujeres. A fun little Island of the coast. We started and finished our trip here and had fun going snorkeling, riding the waves, enjoying the beaches, and taking the ferry there and back.






Tulum. I was way too hot the day we visited the ruins and I honestly didn't enjoy them that much. We stayed in a cute little Cabanas on the beach and loved having immediate access to the water.


We went swimming one day in a cave filled with water called a Cenote. This pictures shows the roots of a tree from above the ground spanning the depth of the cave to the water below.


Valladolid. What a cute little town. We went to church on Sunday here and also stayed at the cutest little hotel. Loved it.

Chichen Itza.

(Reed and Keith playing their sport of choice in the ball court)




Coba. These were my favorite ruins mostly because I loved climbing to the top of this pyramid.

4 comments:

Laura said...

beautiful pics...I would love to see them! I think it is so important to go on trips together!! Glad you were able to make it!

Benny Boo and Linsey Lou said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! It's so good to get away once in awhile just the two of you. I can't wait to see what that's like in a couple of months!

TJ and Jessica said...

That place is beautiful! Glad you had a good time!

Jenni said...

Wow, it looked like you guys had an amazing time. I loved all the pictures. I want to go down there someday.