Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Rules this Week at the Allen Home. (aka How do you three-year-old proof your home?)

1. No pretend sword fights with steak knives.
2. Toys thrown out your bedroom window will be donated to (or innocently stolen by)
neighbor children.
3. If mom puts something on top of the fridge, it is not because she wants you to practice your
climbing skills to retrieve it.
4. Please no disassembling furniture.
5. Blocks are for building, not for pounding holes in the wall.
6. Locking mom outside of her room, does not count as quiet time.
7. Three years olds are not allowed on the roof. EVER.


(I would post pictures of all the destruction that has taken place, but my camera mysterious broke this week)

9 comments:

Wayment Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wayment Family said...

Jen you really need to fix your camera, I want to see some pictures! Dad won't even let me and AnnG get on the roof! I can't wait to see you and your trouble-making kids!
~Teresa

The Bailey's said...

oh man Jen. You have your hands full. I guess I wont complain. but this post was really hilarious. I miss you guys. hope all is well. Are you going to make it to the family reunion?

dersley said...

Hey Jodi!
This past week was somehow especially crazy. Reed had to work late hours, and my kids really need their dad to get some of their energy out. Yeah, I am heading to Utah tomorrow to be to the family reunion. Since you just got out to Tennesse I'm guessing you wont be there. But I would love, love, love to see you. How is everything going?

Amy said...

You're no fun at all! Those rules are pretty harsh. :)

KristiKay said...

I had to laugh when I read this...our lives as moms really are so very exciting, aren't they?!

dersley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dersley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnnGee said...

haha jen! i think we are going to have to put up this set of rules on our fridge while these kids are here! its gonna be crazy fun!