And then there is me. I like being here more than I anticipated, but moving still is hard and I can’t say I have adjusted quit so quickly. I keep on finding myself thinking:
I miss all the parks in Denver.
I miss the trees in Ann Arbor.
I miss the diversity in Palo Alto.
And don’t even get me started on the people. Oh you people out there, so far away that I love so much. You really are making my life so hard at this moment. Maybe I just need to go slam a few doors.
But then I am reminded of a few things:
How good this place is for my family;
How much my husband is enjoying his new job;
How nice it is to create a fresh start to motherhood with less outside distraction;
And how blessed I am to have Reed, Lucas, and Lilly with me on this crazy adventure.
And I really can’t imagine myself anywhere else.
[Except-maybe-in-Provo-holding-my-brand -spankin’-new-niece-who-is-the-cutest-thing-I-have-ever-seen]
6 comments:
That would be so cool if you were in Provo. I would love to see you. But AZ looks so warm so I kinda wish I were down there with you.
:) that you're finding "your place".
:( that is has to be so far from me.
It's so hard to move and adjust to new things. But also fun to start new too. Good luck with everything!! I'm glad the transition is going somewhat smooth.
Preachin' to the choir babe...miss you!
sewmanybooks.blogspot.com
I'm glad you're settling in happily. I'm still wishing you were here. Love the picture of the twins and the mountains. Beautiful!
We miss you too! Glad you are starting to adjust though. Where in AZ are you?
Post a Comment