1. You can and should complain that it is cold outside when you have to put on a light jacket in February. Understanding this one is vital to fitting in with the natives. Who would ever want to be friends with someone who thinks 60 degrees is warm?
2. Move into a ward with your friends. (Since I am already here this one will be easy when you make the big move). We have some good friends from law school who actually found us our new residence (yes, I promise to do the same for you), who only live a couple blocks from us. Love having them close to show us around the place.
3. If you don’t like Cactuses, just pretend they are {insert your vegetation of choice here}. Has made my transition to the landscape 100 times easier.
4. Don’t be sad for the rest of the country when they are buried in snow and you are playing at the park and going on a hike every-single-day. You will have your turn with being stuck inside (ahem…July, August), but school will not get cancelled and your husband will not “have” to work from home.
5. Teach your kids the scientific name for palm trees, Phoenix dactylifera. Otherwise they will forever (or after a month of noble effort) continually call them pine trees. Palm and pine evidently sound very much the same when driving in the car with Jason Mraz singing in our speakers.
6. A national forest, doesn’t actually have to be a forest. That’s right folks. A forest without trees. But if it only five minutes from your house with B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L views of the sunset, you will love it just the same. (Especially if you follow #3)
5 comments:
ok Where are you?
You were suppost to move into my ward- you bum!
And it's Cacti- not "cactuses"
(although I'm sure I spelt "cacti" wrong.)
Also, the female cacti have the arms and the male cacti are the straight ones.
(Greg and his dad had me going for several years on that one.)
I would love to live by you. I was so excited thats its going to be a whopping 40 degrees here in mi.. I guess you know how that goes.
I'm sold. It all sounds great to me!
Nope, looked it up. It is cactuses or cacti (websters). Oh, and my wife is hot.
lol, I love the maple tree. Fabulous.
Post a Comment