I was just looking at my sister-in-laws blog (since she updated it for the first time in six months ;)). Of course my kids got very excited about seeing aunt Fufoo, so Lucas took control of the mouse to find a post from when she had lived with us for a few months last fall. And then I died when I saw this picture of my front porch this time last year:
In a strange way it made me homesick for Colorado.
And then we found this video on her blog of our family playing one Saturday last October:
And this video from that day as well:
And then I was really homesick.
Looking at those videos felt pretty strange since our first October in Arizona started with 100+ temps.
But when we went outside this morning Lucas noticed a definite change in the air proclaiming: "Mommy, winter is coming." Um.. Yes Lucas. I guess the 80s feels like winter, when you've been hanging at 100-110 for the last three months.
Winter in coming.
While a sled wont do us much good in these parts, we are excited to finally be able to ride bikes, go to the zoo, climb trees, play at the park, and maybe (shhhhhh: don't tell my kids) make a quick getaway to the beach.



5 comments:
i love it! i can't wait to see you guys in december when i've had a good 2-3 months of freezing and i can finally warm up! take lots of pix at the beach. enjoy my SD for me.
Don't worry , Jen, you haven't missed any good times in the snow up here this October! It's been in the upper 70s and 80s all fall. I keep thinking it will cool down (I know, cry me a river:)). I kind of wonder if we're skipping cider season altogether this year. We miss you!
Don't you just love AZ? We're so glad you are here!
Ha! You'll be loving life though in the dreary months of January/February when spring still seems so far away in places where it actually does get winter cold.
Aah i miss your kids sooooo bad!! they are the cutest!! please come out here as soon as possible!
Post a Comment