I've done this bed rest routine before with in vitro (this is our second attempt - first time, no bueno), but today it is different. Last time around I had hyperstimulation syndrome (think of your ovaries becoming the size of umpa-lumpas, then going down the Mississippi, sucking it dry, and then spitting every last drop into you abdomen). It was pretty easy for me to hold still 'cause moving kindof hurt. But this time, I don't know what is up with me, because all I want to do is run five miles, turn up pandora and see if Lucas can teach me how to dougie, do a few cart wheels, and then, of course, vacuum.
But instead I decided, hey, once-upon-a-time-I-had-a-blog, what if I make a post for all zero of my readers.
Despite all my complaining, I am actually very grateful to be in this moment of my life. Especially when Lucas comes over and rubs my head for a minute. Or when Lilly writes me a letter to tell me she will take care of me and hopes I get better soon. And even if this IVF cycle doesn't work I will always have the moment when Lucas looked at the magnified images of our little blobs, kissed my belly, told them "I love you," and then told me he wanted to name them Casey and Justin "Beaver." We will always have the moment we had to make a tough decision minutes before doing the transfer and felt peace we did the right thing, even if it lowered our chances of getting pregnant. We will always have the moments Reed and I prayed together and learned, not just in word, but deep in our souls, to trust the Lord's desire for our family. Because let's face it. He has done some pretty amazing things with our little family so far.
(April 2012)

5 comments:
Oh Jen! I read you blog--and it makes me just want to be nearby and share in this with you. I miss you guys. You will be in my prayers. Keep us posted! I'm so excited to hear how things go for your sweet family. Love you.
Beautiful post! Prayers are with you. *hugs*
I read your blog, and we are praying for you! This post was beautiful, isn't infertility an incredible processes, full of blessings, trials, and faith toning?! We hope it works, and will keep you in our prayers.
Jen, I haven't checked my blog list in weeks. I'm so glad I did! We just did our second round of IVF too! Girl, don't even get me started about hyperstimulation!!!;). I'm sending sticky thoughts your way and let me tell you the second round was the charm for us. We have twins coming in January!!! Send me your email address and I'll send you the link to my "embryo diaries" blog (Lyndsie.oldroyd@Gmail.com). Hang in there, it's a rough ride that most people don't understand! I know you're strong and can do hard things though!:)
I will come vacuum for you. Let me just hop on the zip line between our houses...or the secret underground roller coaster and I will be right over. ;)
I am praying for you and your little family. Love you all.
Post a Comment