Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Could Drink a Whole Case of You Darlin'

 
A few thoughts on being a mother to a newborn:
 
It is pure heaven. She fills my soul with a joy that I could never describe. I love her so much - like I have known her forever and waited for her to join our family for eternity.  The love I have for her is not new to me. I love that she feels familiar.
 
The first night we got home from the hospital with Lucas snuggled up in bed next to me, I looked across the room to see Reed and Lilly playing in awe with Myra. That was no doubt the single happiest moment of my life, all us together in our home as a family of five for the first time.

 

I posted this on facebook, but it is still true today. Falling in love with your newborn is amazing. Watching your husband fall in love, even better.
 


My kids are just as in love as we are. Like the kind of love that makes you turn down a bowl of ice cream from a chance to hold her "just one more minute" after playing and holding her for almost an hour (Lucas). 


 
A few quotes from them over the first few days she came home:
 
 
Lucas: "I just love her SO much mom."
Lilly: "I don't want to ever take my eyes off of her."
Lucas: "She smells so refreshing"
 
 
And then this conversation I overheard between the two of them:
Lucas: Lilly will you come play soccer with me?
Lilly: When I'm done playing with Myra.
Lucas: But that will take F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!
Lilly:  I know, but I just love her so much!


 I feel so blessed to be the mother to my three cute kiddos!

3 comments:

Michael & Michelle Wayment said...

Yay you are blogging! What a sweet family you have! I couldn't have said it better, there is nothing sweeter than watching a daddy adore their new baby!

Katie said...

So happy for you!!

Amy said...

So sweet.

I am happy for your happy little family. :)