Thursday, June 6, 2013


I woke up 7 times last night between 10pm and 6am:
1 when Myra was hungry
3 times when Myra was sweating and hot
2 times to adjust the thermostat
1 time with Lilly who was too cold
 
I do not even know if my kids had breakfast.
For lunch we had PB&J.
For dinner we may just have PB&J again.
I don't even feel bad.
 
When I tried to take a nap while Myra rested, Lilly came in just as I had fallen asleep to tell me she was hungry for lunch. It was 8:30am.
Maybe she wouldn't have been so hungry if I had made her breakfast.
When Lucas came in to tell me, "Lilly called me stupid,"  Lilly corrected him. "I didn't call you stupid. I said I hated you."
 
I colored with my kids, and then we wrote stories about what we drew. I loved it.
I love to snuggle with my baby. She is angelic.
Even bad days have good moments.
 
I can't find my journal for the last two years anywhere on my computer. I think it was somehow deleted.
I just drank diet coke. It tastes horrible.
Myra has just been asleep for two hours. I didn't even try to lay down.
I get to see Reed for less than an hour today. Yesterday was the same.
I think I am too tired to sleep.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, Jen, you are a rockstar. Unfortunately, I am up way too much in the night myself...so I totally know how you feel. And I don't even have a little baby, but my kids somehow seem to take shifts some nights on who wakes me up. They haven't gotten the memo I need my sleep.

But they're so dang cute that I sacrifice sleep for them just like you do for your cute kids.

Get some sleep. (Easier said then done, I know.)