How I love
to be her mom. She has so much joy for living. Her positive energy is such a
blessing in our home.
To say Lilly
loves babies is like saying Homer liked to write, Elvis liked rock n' roll, or,
maybe even, humans like oxygen. She lives and breathes to hold her little
sister Myra. I have loved to watch how all things mothering come very natural
to her. And when Myra has to eat or
sleep Lilly's favorite toys are her American girl dolls.
Lilly told me when I was pregnant she wanted Myra to sleep in her room so she could get up with her at night. She was not kidding. I had to be careful on school nights because if Lilly heard Myra she always wanted to come hang out with us. On more than one occasion she has come to rest on the couch in our playroom by me while I feed Myra at 3am.
Lilly is a strong little soul. She has opinions all her own and when she wants something she doesn't give up on it easy. Some days this makes it hard to be her mother, but I am glad she has the confidence to stand up for what she believes in.
Lilly has an amazing memory. She took a double bonus spelling test every Friday this year (for students that got all the words and bonus words right on their Wednesday practice test) with words like camouflage (Yes, I admit, I just had to spell check that one myself) and aced the test every time by writing each of the words three times on Thursday night.
She has also become quite the reader. She just finished reading Flat Stanley, The US Capitol Commotion (Thanks Aunt Foof) to me this morning. I loved how interested she was in all the places in Washington DC. It helps that her Aunt Foof took Lilly's own flat Stanley all around DC this spring.
Lilly in one word is Happy. She drips with joy all the time.
Her friends love her.
She is lightning speed fast.
She loves to give hugs.
Lilly loves to write notes to the people she loves. Currently there are three sitting around in our bedroom all written within the last couple of days.
The first sitting by the computer waiting for dad when he comes home from work. It reads:
Lilly told me when I was pregnant she wanted Myra to sleep in her room so she could get up with her at night. She was not kidding. I had to be careful on school nights because if Lilly heard Myra she always wanted to come hang out with us. On more than one occasion she has come to rest on the couch in our playroom by me while I feed Myra at 3am.
Lilly is a strong little soul. She has opinions all her own and when she wants something she doesn't give up on it easy. Some days this makes it hard to be her mother, but I am glad she has the confidence to stand up for what she believes in.
Lilly has an amazing memory. She took a double bonus spelling test every Friday this year (for students that got all the words and bonus words right on their Wednesday practice test) with words like camouflage (Yes, I admit, I just had to spell check that one myself) and aced the test every time by writing each of the words three times on Thursday night.
She has also become quite the reader. She just finished reading Flat Stanley, The US Capitol Commotion (Thanks Aunt Foof) to me this morning. I loved how interested she was in all the places in Washington DC. It helps that her Aunt Foof took Lilly's own flat Stanley all around DC this spring.
Lilly in one word is Happy. She drips with joy all the time.
Her friends love her.
She is lightning speed fast.
She loves to give hugs.
Lilly loves to write notes to the people she loves. Currently there are three sitting around in our bedroom all written within the last couple of days.
The first sitting by the computer waiting for dad when he comes home from work. It reads:
Dear Daddy, You are so nice. You are so friendly and
take good care of our family.
The next, left on my nightstand last night:
Dear Mommy, you are nice to our family.
And then the last one is sitting on the floor given to
Myra while I was feeding her this morning: It reads:
Dear Myra, You are gooder than our family. You are
kind and loveing (sic).
And don't assume Lucas is left out of the love fest. Last time I
cleaned out his room I found this:
She is super generous. She purchased a bag of
starbursts recently with her own money and was giving everybody in the family
so many, Reed and I couldn't keep up with her generosity. I've never eaten so
many starbursts in one day.
She is such a beautiful girl. I am SO lucky to be her
mom.


1 comment:
I checked back in a timely manner. :) This is so sweet. What a great little gal!
Post a Comment