Wednesday, September 18, 2013

6 months



 My Grandma came to visit for two weeks this month and me and my mommy LOVED it.
My brother and sister are at school all day now. I sure do miss them, but it is kindof nice not having to be worried about getting dropped or stepped on for seven hours of the day. 
I learned this month that my grandma is a miracle worker. She taught me to drink(ish) from a bottle comfortably enough that I even feel asleep in her arms doing it. My mom says it was one of her favorite moments of the year when she can home to see her and I sleeping together for naptime.
It was one of my mom's least favorite moments of the year when she had to send grandma home on an airplane.
My brother and sister adore me. I can't say that I blame them.  I think I'm pretty lucky to be their little sister too.
Have your heard of sleep regression: I wrote the book!  I just started this week to only wake up once in the night. If you would have told my mom that when I was two-months-old she would have felt sorry for herself. If you would have told her that two months or even two weeks ago she would have been shouting halleluiahs.
 
My mom is in no way holding her breath that I will continue to only wake up once in the night two weeks or two months from now.
 
I do not like my Dad's car AT ALL.  The souped-up muffler on it makes me feel like I am in the middle of a war zone whenever I ride in it.  (And FYI my dad is not a souped-up muffler kind of guy. Some previous owner put it on my dad's car to torture me.)
Sometime in the middle of July I flipped myself over onto my stomach while swaddled and scared myself to death. I refuse to roll onto my belly ever again. EVER.
I love to be outside, go swimming, and cuddling with my mommy.  
I love my grandma!
I am my soccer-playing-siblings biggest fan.
I like to be held pretty much all the time.  My mom loves it so it works for both of us. She just had to rethink the idea of getting anything else done this year. 
I survived six whole months in this crazy house. My mom says if I did that I can do anything.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Dear Myra,

I love reading about what you are up to these days. Such fun to be the cute little you that you are!

I do have one minor complaint...like I said...minor. I really think you could have uploaded a load more pictures of you in all your cuteness. And you might as well have thrown in a few of the rest of your cute family too. I'm sure typing out the contents of this post was taxing enough for your age, so I feel bad even mentioning it...but I kind of adore you and wouldn't mind a few more pictures to ooooh and awe over!

Love,
Amy

Wayment Family said...

I just was looking at James blog and I saw your name in the column. I haven't been here for months.

What a sweet post. I made a copy to put in my journal. I sure do love you!! Just 2 months and 2 weeks and I'll get to take another nap with you!! Love ya!

dersley said...

Dear Miss Amy Sue,

I would happily upload a few pictures of my darling face for you, if only my mother had remembered this month to take a few photographs. Can you believe it? I smile all day waiting for my picture to be taken and not once this month did someone snap a descent shot.

Your complaint has been forwarded to my customer service representative (aka my mom). She promises to do better next month, but I'm not sure she is very reliable. We both know how lousy she was at keeping up on this blog.

My sincerest apologies,

Myra