Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reality Check

It’s a peaceful, mellow day. The sun is shining and the air is just perfect for an afternoon stroll. Mother, daughter, and son don jackets and begin their journey of exploration. Big white clouds are examined and fire hydrates are transformed into puppies to be cuddled. A game of chase seems the perfect way to finish the walk and Little Sis takes an early lead. Not to be outdone, Mother and Son team up and hand and hand pursue the leader of the pack. Going faster and faster and faster in hot pursuit the smiles on all of our faces reminds mother of why she so loves to be a mom. And in that moment where the world was our playground and we all felt that nothing could go wrong…

I fell flat on my face and cut up every extremity.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't that just how life goes sometimes. :) I totally can relate, but I'm sorry about your 'ouchies'.

AnnGee said...

Are you ok!!! What did li and coco say? Hope you feel better!

Benny Boo and Linsey Lou said...

That was a really good story. Seriously I was so scared to read that last line, good suspense! Are you okay?

Apron Appeal said...

t-hee hee. I like your family photo on your main page. Ryan and I just started watching "House" and I can see a striking resemblance to you and Thirteen, however you of course are much more beautiful!

Gwen

Robin said...

How many moments are there like that?? The kids are doing great, you're doing great...and then boom...disaster. I guess the goal would be to remember how much fun it was BEFORE the disaster. Hey we miss you all!! How is good ol' Colorado??

Nancy Page said...

I was loving the story. You were starting to make me think about how much better i need to be to enjoy motherhood, then ouch. You're so funny!