One of the highlights of my trip home was being able to spend an afternoon with one of my best friends from my growing up years, Sara. We hung out in her backyard and watched our kids play together in a place we had spent hours and hours of summer night hanging out together. Sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday we were gathering all our neighbors together to play beckon, beckon or tip in. I wish our kids could live close enough to each other so they could play nightgames together too. Thanks Sara for being such a great friend to me and for making the trip home last weekend so we could see each other.
Ring-around-the-rosie (The boys in the background were too cool to join in):

Lilly, Abby, and Colton in the sandbox:

There was not much of Sister Young's yard that did not get explored:

Lilly on the swing:

Lucas swinging in a "fishy:"

Colton and Luke trying to figure things out:

The sandbox wasn't enough for Luke. He had to go hang out in the dirt too:

Riding a tricycle:

Thanks again Sara and thanks too for e-mailing me these pictures, so I had something to post. Can't wait till we get to see you all again.
2 comments:
Love the post, it brings back so many fun memories!! I miss playing night games, playing tip-in, and making bean dip. Maybe someday we will live close and we can do all that fun stuff with our kids! I'm so glad I got to see you and your kids!!
I'm sad I missed out on seeing you...we need to coordinate our trips better so we can hang out sometime.
Looks like you (and your kids)had fun.
Post a Comment