You see this kid.
Yes, he is all graduated. Which is good news in a way because we get to have him play with us in Arizona AT THIS VERY MOMENT.
[keith's graduation. August 2010]
But sad in many others.
You see Keith is my little brother just as much as he is Reed’s. When Reed and I got married at our wedding dinner little tween Keith stood up and introduced himself as Jen’s new little brother. We all laughed, but lets face it, I have loved that kid like a brother from the first time I called him little jewish boy on the streets of Bethlehem almost 13 years ago. And there is a part of me that is really sad to see my little brother grow up.
But at least the next time I go to a BYU basketball game I wont cry a million tears when I see my little bro doing his thing on the basketball court. Cause it is pretty embarrassing to have people look at you and think, “It is just a time out sweetie. Get a grip.”
But then I think of how it was really just yesterday he was swinging his slingshot around at every possible second and spouting off movie quotes with my older brother any time we were on the tour bus for more than five minutes. And then I really can’t take it because it makes me realize these two are going to grow up on me just as fast.
And I know I have no choice but to let it happen.
[ Just as long as they are wearing BYU blue at their graduation and not Utah Red] J




4 comments:
looks like you have had a fun summer! the kids are totally growing up!! Preschool!!! BYU here they come!!!!!!
So was Keith the mascot for BYU? This I did not know, if he was.
And our kids are really growing up too quickly.
I just am clicking on the follow-up comments, in case you answer this whole mystery behind the mascot picture.
Ms. Amy: Yes, Keith was BYU's mascot. Cute little keith as cosmo. I didn't believe it till I saw it myself. (And then I cried.)
Post a Comment