Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yellowstone

One week of our month long travel extravaganza in August the kids and I got to go up to my parents cabin in Island Park. The highlights:

1. Seeing so many bears at Bear World. I started the visit in the I'm-just-throwing-this-out there-but-I-think-this-is-a-rip-off-club. I left wanting to be their new publicist.


2. When my mom stuck money for gas in my bag thinking I wouldn't notice. I am always grateful for the example of unselfish, thoughtful parents. I just hope they know we do recognize how much they do for us and how much we appreciate it.

3. Watching Adam and my dad brave the freezing river water to take all the little ones tubing. I willingly volunteered to be the transporter. I'm from Arizona now. I don't get in water unless the air temp is greater that 90 and the water temp is about the same.

4. Bringing my bike to a screeching halt when AnnGee and I found ourselves face to face with this little guy...

and then hoping to see the safe return of my son when he and others went traipsing through the woods after it (Thank you Uncle Bri for keeping track of my barefoot Lucas).

5. Seeing these three have so much fun together.


6. Basking in the beauty of nature. Like the laying-down-and-doing-snow-angels-even-if- there-isn't-any-snow-you-love-it-so-much kind of basking.

[Mesa Falls, August 2010]

[hot spring at Biscuit Basin in Yellowstone]

[Brian Fishing. August 2010]

[Mystic Falls in Yellowstone]

[Pictures all taken by my sis-in-law, Madelyn. I'm really good at forgetting my camera.]

1 comment:

AnnGee said...

Aaah jen i will never forget the day we found that moose haha! or the way that you tried to sneak away from it!! Your the best! I miss you!