Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Late to Church

This past Sunday we knew we were going to be a few minutes late for church. Reed had a lesson to give in priesthood and was trying to coax our printer to produce some quotes he needed for the lesson without much luck. Eventually the printer decided to be Reed’s friend, and we made it to church about five minutes after the hour. The parking lot was a lot less full than usual, so we get a pretty good spot and start our way towards the building. When we enter the foyer I see a handful of parents in the hallway with their kids, and I think to myself, "I hope we last more than a few minutes." As we walked into the chapel everybody is singing, and I am excited to think that we made it in time for the opening hymn. I spy an empty bench in the middle of the chapel and traipsed my family towards it, forgoing the row of folding chairs at the back of the room. We sit down, and I notice that the page numbers for the songs being sung are posted at the front of the room in the wrong order, with the opening and closing song transposed. And then all of a sudden it hits me, the empty lot, all the kids in the hallway, the messed up hymns… It is daylight savings. Aaaaahhhh! At least we made it in time for the closing song…

2 comments:

Jenni said...

This is too hilarious. I really think that stuff like this happens because you have kids. Your brain just gets frazzled. Plus it doesn't help that daylight savings is now a lot earlier then it was when we were growing up.

Emilyjo said...

That's funny! We did the same thing! :) We remembered right before we left the house, so we missed sacroment meeting too.