Monday, March 31, 2008

My second mother.



Baby dolls were the hot item in our house today. Lilly placed her cabbage patch and Lucas his walmart generic into highchairs for cheerios. Then the babies joined in for morning rounds with the fisher price farm and Diego���s animal rescue. The babies also made the prefect partners for a lively dance to L and L���s favorite CD.


I guess I should have known that after such a busy morning the baby dolls might be tired. I stepped out of the room for a moment just after watching Lilly wrap herself and her doll up in a large blanket. As I returned I was excitedly speaking of our next activity for the day when I was promptly interrupted by my little Lilly holding cabbage patch against her shoulder and rocking back and forth. ���sssssshhhhhhh. Baby peep" (peep = "sleep" in lilly talk).


Reed and I often joke about how lucky Lucas is to have a second mother out of Lilly, but I guess he is not the only lucky one. I always have talked too loud, I just never expected my toddler to be the one reprimanding me for it.

3 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

so cute!! I love when they start acting like little mommies. Abby is so good with Colton. If he gets hurt or is sad she is always the first to get his blanket and rub his forehead and making sure he is alright. Lucas is pretty lucky to have a second mom like Lilly

Jenni said...

Isn't it crazy how these little girls seem to be born motherly. Lilly is a doll herself.

Emilyjo said...

That is too fun! What a sweet little girl. Maddie loves making a bed on the floor for Garen and trying to get him to lay down. And don't worry Maddie tells me to be quiet too because she just put one of her dolls or animals to bed. So cute!