I know age two is supposed to be terrible, but I have to say I am really loving having two two-year-olds. This last week Lilly has been saying all sorts of cute things that I wanted to record. Here are a few of our conversations:
Me: Who is the cutest boy in the world?
Lil: Lucas!!!!
Me: Who is the cutest girl in the word?
Silence from Lil so then I said
Me: It's Lil!!
Lilly: “No it isn't. It's Mom!”
And I thought to myself: Yeah, Lilly I will NEVER be as cute as you just proved by your last statement. What a sweetheart!
-----------------------------
We went on a walk to the park yesterday and along the way some of the sidewalks had rocks along their borders. Lil looked at an area of the rocks that was submerged in water and turn to me excitedly, “Mom look. The rocks [are] swimming.”
------------------------------
Lilly also likes to quiz me all the time. What animal is that? What color is this? How old are you? The other day I was asking her, “What is your name?” And she responded as would be expected with, “Lil.” She decided to quiz me back and asked, “What is your name?” And I answered, “Mommy.” After a look from her that said nice try, she corrected, “Jenny!!!” I was double surprised that she knew the difference between my title and my name, and between my nickname (Dersle) and my name, especially since 99.9% of the time Reed calls me Dersle.
-----------------------------
This week she has also started walking up to people and saying, “I’m twins.” I am pretty sure she has no idea what that means, but since people ask it all the time she has decided to make sure everybody is clear on the issue.
9 comments:
Oh freakin LOVE your kids! they are the cutest thing ever! That surprises me though that she knew your name. Your kids are so smart. They are going to be the most lovable cute nerds out there jk!
~AnnGee
So cute!! I love what little kids say. Two is such a fun age!! And with Abby it wasn't terrible twos it was actually when she turned 3, so I fear how Colton is going to be when he turns 3, because he is really fun and cute to listen to right now.
She is such a sweetie and very smart. I love the cute things that these kids come up with. LIlly is such a doll.
Too precious. It is fun to hear what's on their mind and how they think. Thanks for sharing.
And I don't want to put a damper on things or anything...but just don't jinx yourself. Sydney was the best two year old--and then BAM--we knew what people met by 'the terrible two's'...although we're getting it into the 3's as well (to back up Sara's comment). But you may get lucky.
Curious...why does Reed call you Dersley
And do you ever call her lil' Lil (instead of saying little Lil).
Because that is super cute.
Awwwww....She sounds like quite the talker. And she is doing great at putting things together and that cute head of hers :). Has she hit the why's yet??
Oh she is a sweetheart, I am jealous, I love 2 yr olds, and I will warn you 2 year olds are great, they do a few naughty things but are so innocent and cute, now 3 yr olds, thats hard,thats when they start getting sassy. 3 is much harder than 2. Sorry, but you will always enjoy them, Josi still makes me laugh everyday.
I'm answering questions here, but not sure if you will actually see them. I guess it is worth a try.
Dersle? Reed really should tell you the answer to this one, but in short there is some song that my brothers were always singing a few years back where they say "der" for "there." So I am his Der, or where he wants to be. Der turned to Dersle, Dersley, and Dersle-pop. I have a long list of nicknames that Reed has given me over the years, but Dersle has been the longest running.
Lil’ Lil? I have never called her Lil’ Lil, but I agree that it is very cute.
Does Lilly say Why? YES!!! Robin, I remember a while back you telling me that Shaun was asking that a lot. Maybe Lilly picked it up from him before you left. Lucas actually learned it from her and does it even more but I'm not sure he knows what it means since when I ask him why his usual response is, "Yeah". He also has started this thing where when he gets in trouble he says, "What? What?" like he has no idea why I could possibly be asking him to stop. It cracked me up and first, but now it mostly frustrating because the question has become an excuse not to listen to me.
And I am totally afraid of three...
Jen!
I found your blog on Kristi blog. I had no idea you had twins. They are too cute! I love the video of them dancing. Are you and Reed living in Denver? Chess will be in Denver the month of Dec. doing a medical rotian. Hes in his last year of med school, yeah! I'm hoping we move to Denver this summer its between Denver and WI. Anyways keep in touch.
Bonnie C.
Post a Comment