Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Where in the world?

My parents are watching my kids this week while I accompany Reed to a work conference in Vancouver, BC. Last night while my mom and dad were driving my kiddos home from the airport L and L fell asleep and were put to bed without really waking up. When Lucas woke up this morning to find himself in a strange place my mom said he got a concerned look on his face trying to figure out what was going on and where he was. And then all of a sudden it hit him and he started galloping around very excitedly repeating, “doggie, doggie, doggie.” Since we don’t live super close Luke and Lilly don’t get to go to their grandma’s house often, so I thought it was pretty fun that he quickly remembered where he was and that grandma and grandpa have two fun doggies.

And I'm pretty sure I am going to miss Luke and Lilly more this week then they will miss me. Hopefully I can have as much fun as they do and don’t miss them too much to enjoy my vacation.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm leaving Lizzie with my parents this weekend and I have the same thoughts as you. I'm sure going to miss her and I'm betting that she will hardly miss me.
I hope you guys have fun in BC and that it's not all work and no play.

Madelyn said...

I'm sure they are having fun at your parents house....but I bet they'll be super excited when you get back! I hope you are having so much fun on your trip!

Robin said...

When are you coming back ?! Shaun has asked about Luke, Lilly and Jen about a million times already :). Hope you had fun on your trip!!

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

Jen, it was great to see your cute family. I love your blog, too! I hope you guys have a great time. Sure is hard not to think about the little ones when you're away from them, isn't it?